JJ's (Feb 2012) Tips in this issue:
1. Smiling Might Save Your Job/Life
Use the following tips as training tools.
Present this situation to your group and brainstorm solutions together, or submit your own situation question to be answered in an upcoming newsletter.
How can smiling a lot save your job or even your life?
As a customer service management consultant, I'm always on the lookout for anything written about attitude and how it affects customer service. I'm also aware that your health plays a big part in how you are able to perform your job and give genuine service to your internal and external customers. So when I saw an article in the USA WEEKEND Dec 23-25, 2011 paper titled, Smile — a lot. It just might save your life., I knew the tips should be passed on to you.
The article was in the HealthSmart column called, Advice from The Doctors, which is an award winning daytime TV show. Since a positive attitude and being in good health are necessary to give great customer service, the tips will help you acquire both.
Have you ever tried to work when you were sick? Everything pales and becomes harder! That's when you realize you don't have anything if you don't have your health! The Doctors said, "One of the KEYS to a longer, healthier life just might be your smile....from a recent study of over 6,000 adults over 50, researchers suggest positive thinking has a direct influence on how well your body works." They also suggest a positive outlook can boost your mood, immune system and longevity."
Four Tips to help brighten your outlook and boost your health:
1. "Shift one perspective at a time." Pick a difficult part of your day and find a way to make it pleasurable. An example would be sitting in commute traffic and planning your weekend activities, or thinking about all the things you are thankful for today.
2. "Let yourself laugh." It will reduce your stress and keep your body healthier even during tough times.
3. "Hang out with happy people." They will influence you to keep more positive thoughts and actions and support you during bad times too.
4. "Negative thoughts, positive thoughts." The Doctors also tell us, "Don't say anything to yourself that you wouldn't say to someone else. And when a negative thought enters your mind, evaluate it rationally and give it a positive twist." In my seminars, I also teach you to say "cancel, cancel" and rephrase the negative thought to a positive one. This stops the negative programming.
"Become the change you want to see - those are words I live by."
"To be healthy, wealthy, happy and successful in any and all areas of your life you need to be aware that you need to think healthy, wealthy, happy and successful thoughts twenty four hours a day and cancel all negative, destructive, fearful and unhappy thoughts. These two types of thought cannot coexist if you want to share in the abundance that surrounds us all."
DO YOU WANT TO IMPROVE in an area? Service? Sales?
EVALUATION OF YOUR ENVIRONMENT
Have you had an Evaluation of Your Environment lately so you could receive suggestions on improving it? (It's like the doctor's check up, you often don't know you need it, until after you've had it.)
JJ Lauderbaugh, CMC
JJ works with companies that want to give exceptional customer service to increase sales,
and with Directors and Call Center/Help Desk Managers who want to improve human
REFERRALS Requested: Please pass this newsletter on to friends and colleagues who would
also benefit from it. If you want to unsubscribe, reply Unsubscribe on the subject line.
Our database is "never-sold or shared."