JJ's (Mar 2019) Tips in this issue:
1. Adjusting & Making New Habits
Use the following tips as training tools.
Present this situation to your group and brainstorm solutions together, or submit your own situation question to be
How do I sort out all the new information I've received so I can adjust my position personally and professionally?
I've attended seminars, had some coaching, done research on my own and implemented some of the suggestions, but I'm still not making a difference in how others perceive me in my new habits and positioning.
The solution depends on your desire and commitment to make the necessary changes to reposition yourself, team or company.
You may be working on increasing your personal image, customer service or sales, introducing up selling and cross selling to a customer service or order entry group, or going after a new market. You may be focusing on getting the "islands" of teams to work better together with total customer-focused cooperation, breaking old habits that are keeping you from being an admired and effective leader, or dealing with and understanding fears that are causing you to lose control when situations become too stressful personally or professionally.
There is no common answer, but there is a common process.
1. Ask WHY you want to change your position? What are your present circumstances causing the need for change? What are the problems?
2. Ask WHAT specific conditions would you like to create? What do you want? You must be specific. Play it out in your mind, over and over.
3. What BENEFITS will be yours when you've accomplished the new conditions? Visualize the outcome, the payoff!
4. Until the WHY is strong enough to cause a total COMMITMENT to make it happen, it will be just wishful thinking. The why is the fuel that will make it your new reality.
5. SURRENDER to the desired direction, and concentrate on the HOW. Implement the suggestions from your research, training and coaching that will impact the
6. It's not the decision to change that matters. It's your moment-to-moment CHOICES that either reinforce the decision or not. Perseverance and consistency, every day, will eventually bring you success. Make sure the WHY and BENEFITS are strong enough to make the COMMITMENT stick, and then you'll be on your way to getting your new position to become a recognized reality.
"It is impossible to have a desire without also having the means to attain it. Whatever you truly desire, in a sense, is already yours. For you could not sincerely desire it, if you could not realistically expect to have it.
The more magnificent the desire, the more it will DEMAND of you. Even so, it is within your reach. And on a certain level you know this already, without any doubt. The desire itself is evidence. Your dilemma is not that your desires are unobtainable, but rather which ones to pursue. Choose them thoughtfully, with care and integrity, because the ones you choose will come to pass.
The desires which you've previously chosen have brought you precisely to where you are right now. Just as surely will the desires you focus on TODAY bring about the substance of your TOMORROW."
"Anything is possible when you focus on SOLUTIONS rather than problems."
~ Shelly Reese
DO YOU WANT TO IMPROVE in an area? Service? Sales?
Call for your FREE CONSULTATION now
EVALUATION OF YOUR ENVIRONMENT
Have you had an Evaluation of Your Environment lately so you could receive suggestions on improving it? (It's like the doctor's check up, you often don't know you need it, until after you've had it.)
JJ Lauderbaugh, CMC
JJ works with companies that want to give exceptional customer service to increase sales,
and with Directors and Call Center/Help Desk Managers who want to improve human
Reprinted with permission
from JJ's Tips, a monthly internet newsletter.
REFERRALS Requested: Please pass this newsletter on to friends and colleagues who would
also benefit from it. If you want to unsubscribe, reply Unsubscribe on the subject line.
Our database is "never-sold or shared."